2005-11-23

Business of Design Week 2005

This is the project that got me fully occupied since mid-Oct:

Nov 20: setting up of booth in progress...

Nov 21: everything in place by 9 am.

The exhibition finally kicked off. Groups of secondary students led by their teachers coming to see what is it all about with design...

We prepared a series of 3 design workshops: [Design to sit] required the students to design a "sittable" structure in an hour with the provided carton paper; [Design to wear] is about designing some wearable apparels or items; not sure what they'll ask the students for [Design to hold]... Anyway, it's about letting these students to gain a 1st-hand experience about designing -- it's much more than drawing a beautiful picture, but also involves problem identification, problem analysis, problem solving and design development...

I also need to train a group of student tour guides who will guide and explain to the students about the different exhibits at the venue so that they would learn how to appreciate good designs. Well, if you just let them wandering by themselves, they'll really "wander" around aimlessly, understand nothing, and learning nothing and leave.

On the other hand, I also need to accompany my boss to explain to the press and media about MyCar. Even TDC Chairman Peter Woo wanted to give this sneak vehicle a try. Because of this event, I compiled and published a booklet to be distributed here within a super-short timeframe -- reminded me of the magazine days...

One thing that got me excited is that one of my MA classmates won the Young Design Talents Award, which is for young HK designers under the age of 30 -- vow! He's so much younger than me!

Pheew! I need to take some rest after tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home